Massage Course Curriculum
Our Traditional Thai Massage Course is open to both beginners and experienced therapists.
The school is always open for our students to practice, including weekends.
Level 1 - Beginner
5 days course. 6 hours per day + practice after class
Thai Massage techniques, Sen Energy Lines, treatment on Feet, Legs, Belly, Upper Body, Head and Face.
Textbook included. Our textbook was specially designed for our school.
Level 2 - Advanced
5 days course - 6 hours per day plus the possibility of practice after class
Supervised practice and feedback
During this week you will develop your skills as Nuad Thai practitioner (Traditional Thai Massage). Supervised practice is essential to clearly understand the ancient technique and realise your own potential. The third week is important for integrating what you have learned and is also compulsory week if you wish to be awarded the diploma.
At the beginning of this week, all students receive sequences to perform 1 hour, 1 hour 30 minutes and 2 hours massages. These sequences were designed by Mac, suitable to administer for 80% of people.
Level 3 - Therapeutic Thai Massage
(Accupressure points, Tok Sen and Thai Pa Kao Mah and Herbal Compresses )
- 5 days course - 6 hours per day plus the possibility of practice after class
- More detailed teaching on techniques and tools learned in Levels 1 and 2
- Accupressure points and how to incorporate them into the massage
- Personalised treatments: customizing sessions to target particular ailments such as headache, back pain, knee and shoulder pain
- Use of additional materials e.g. Tok Sen, Thai Pa Kao Mah, Bamboo stick
- Traditional folk remedies; how to make a fresh herbal compress and perform a herbal steam massage
Special International Massage Diploma
Diploma accredited by the Union of Thai Traditional Medicine Society.
Students may receive an international diploma from The Union of Thai Traditional Medicine Society. We are one of the few schools in Chiang Mai who can award graduates this diploma, issued by the primary health and scholarly institutions of Thailand.
The diploma is awarded on completion of Thai Massage Level 1, 2, and 3 including a week of supervised massage practice.
(In some circumstances it is possible to schedule the practice week for later, with Mac's agreement).
You can express your desire to assist before you come to Thailand or after the first month. Feel free to discuss your thoughts with teacher Mac, who will be happy to help provide the best options for you on your journey learning the fine art of Thai Massage.
- Tuition fees are due before the start of course.
- Tuition fees can be paid in cash, via PayPal or bank transfer (for example with TransferWise) or credit card. Please note that using PayPal you will have to pay 10% extra of the total amount to cover PayPal and local Thai bank administrative fees. We recommend students pay in cash or credit card on arrival. The credit card fee is 3%. There is no extra fee for cash payment. The cheapest and easiest way we know to transfer money to us is transferwise (once you set up your online account which is very easy). Once you are set up you can use transferwise for international money transfers and payments. You can also order their debit card for cash withdrawals at ATMs worldwide.
- Refund Policy for Deposit: If a student is unable to attend classes, they must notify Mac one week in advance of course start. If cancellation notice is received at least one week in advance, the student may use the deposit for up to 1 year as school tuition. If notification is received less than one week before classes start, the deposit will be non-refundable.
- Students who have completed the 4 week program can return anytime to continue their study for 4,000 Bahts per week.
- Students with experience in Thai Massage are welcome to start learning any Monday during the month. Please contact Mac to discuss options.
- It is possible to study the different levels at different times of the year. For example, people with limited time can complete Level 1 in one particular month and continue Level 2 in another month. You can look at the calendar for starting dates and discuss with Mac.
Feel free to contact Mac for any enquiries.